Tuesday, 5 November 2013

An update from a very bad leader!!!

Hello fellow readers ^_^
I know!! I am a terrible leader of the group! It has been far too long since my last update. Sorry!*hangs head in shame* !

So, as you may or may not know....if not then wow! How did you manage to miss my endless ramblings!! LOL. lucky you ^_- I tied in my 50 book challenge with a fund raiser for the RNIB. I did pretty well I think (made over £100 for them! ) and it did make me get my bum in gear with my challenge too and encouraged me to read lots more. So the fund raiser is over, but my challenge goes on ^_^
Here is my updated list....

50 Book Challenge.

1.Dodger by Terry Pratchett.
2. Wings by Aprilynne Pike
3.Paulo Coelho Confessions of a Pilgrim by Juan Arias.
4.Untamed by P.C. and Kristin Cast
5.Merlin. The Prophet and his History by Geoffrey Ashe.
6.Dear Lupin by Roger Mortimer and Charlie Mortimer.
7.Wilkins' Tooth by Diana Wynne Jones.
8.The Skeleton in the Closet by M.C.Beaton.
9.The Life and Times of Miss Jane Marple by Anne Hart
10.The Happiness of Hazelbrook
11.Murder in The Museum by Simon Brett.
12. Three Houses by Angela Thirkell
13. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams.
14.Enchantment by Donald Spoto.
15 The Boy with the Cuckoo Clock Heart by Mathias Malzieu
16. The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
17.Death of a Hussy by M.C.Beaton
18. Game of Thrones by George R R Martin.
19.My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier.
20. Stravaganza City of Masks by Mary Hoffman.
21. The Bubblegum Tree by Alexander McCall Smith.
22.Cross Stitch by Diana Gabaldon.
23.Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman.
24. Snow White and the Huntsman by Lily Blake.
25.The Red Quenn by Philippa Gregory.
26. Nostradamus Ate my Hamster by Robert Rankin.
27. Knife Edge by Malorie Blackman.
28.The Amazing Compedium of Edward Magorium by N E Bode
29. The Kingmaker's Daughter by Philppa Gregory
30 The Five Lost Aunts of Harriet Bean by Alexander McCall Smith
31 Stuart Little by E B White
32. The Dalai Lama's Cat by David Michie
33. Checkmate by Malorie Balckman
34.The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker


I'll do a lil ramble about the ones I think I have not rambled at you about already! ^_^ 
Cross Stitch by Diana Gabaldon was awesome! A lovely FB friend has sent me nearly the entire set of these books now! i highly recommend.  It has stone circles, and time travel and a kilted highland lover and some sauciness! What more can you need ^_^

The Malorie Blackman books are amazing! I really loved those. Unputtdownables for sure.

Snow White and the Huntsman was alright. A nice quick read. I like the movie more ^_^

The Red Queen was brilliant. Ditto the Kingmaker's Daughter, although it took me a while to get into that one.

Nostradamus ate my hamster...was kinda funny kinda very odd! lol

Mr Magorium was a sweet read.

Harriet Bean and Stuart Little were a little bit cheaty! They were nice and quick to read and took my fundraiser up past 30. 


The Dalai Lama's Cat is a lovely book.I really enjoyed that one and look forward to the sequal ^_^


The Frog Princess was pretty sweet to read. I have the next two books to read too. 

At the moment I am reading The Vampire Shrink by Lynda Hilburn. Pure vampire nonsens ^_^ Bliss! lol

So, I know I have not sent out the little gifts to celebrate Laura reaching her first 50 books....at this rate she will reach 100 before I get round to it! I will get a little something out to everyone I promise. I am just not sure when!

happy reading lovely peeps
Oceans of love
XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment