Thursday, 15 August 2013

A lil' book themed waffle at last! ^_^

Howdy fellow readers ^_^

4 updates to my list!! How's about that then ^_^

Game of Thrones by J R R Martin.
I thought I might not like reading this as I'd seen the TV series and I like to read things before watching them as for me they lose something otherwise. But! I was wrong! This did not lose anything for doing it the other way around and I still found myself thinking, 'OMG!! Run Arya!!', Or, No Sansa!!! Don't do it!!'  lol I really enjoyed going through the story again and look forward to reading more in the series.

My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier.
This was a really good read. You only ever see Rachel from one person't point of view, Philip. And I did kind of take an instant dislike to him! He was a little bratty and sulky! And in the end I thought he was a bit of a git! But! it was interesting reading Laura's notes on this book ^_^ And thinking how Daphne used this book to rid herself of feelings she had and how you can blind yourself to a person and the way they actually are. It's easy to put people on a pedestal and think they can do no wrong and to then feel slighted when they do and turn out to be not Godly but human after all. I think that's how Philip saw first, Ambrose, and then eventually Rachel. And he swung back and forth from love hate, mistrust, to trust, and then thinking he has it all worked out, when there may have been nothing to work out at all!  Yeah! I'm being cryptic! I don't want to give anything away for anyone who wants to read this. So, I enjoyed this one ^_^ Thanks Laura for doing the giveaway ^_^

Stravaganza City of Masks by Mary Hoffman.
This was brilliant! It's set in our world with a cross over to a part of history that may have happened if Remus rather than Romulus had won through. Lucien is a young boy who has cancer and while he is recovering from his Chemo, his Dad finds him a notebook which becomes his means of travelling to Belezza. It's a really good story and I enjoyed it loads. It is a little sad towards the end, but not in a horrible way. Will definitely be looking out for the next one in the series. Again! thanks to Laura as she sent this to me ^_^ ( To Laura...am I seeing Daphne cross overs all over now or did this have elements of House on the Strand?? )

The Bubblegum Tree by Alexander McCall Smith.
This was a bit of fun. Definitely for younger readers but still enjoyed it! The bubblegum trees are being destroyed!!! Could this mean the end of the best bubble blowing gum in the world?!?! I'm not telling ^_-


So, here's how my list is looking now....


1.Dodger by Terry Pratchett.
2. Wings by Aprilynne Pike
3.Paulo Coelho Confessions of a Pilgrim by Juan Arias.
4.Untamed by P.C. and Kristin Cast
5.Merlin. The Prophet and his History by Geoffrey Ashe.
6.Dear Lupin by Roger Mortimer and Charlie Mortimer.
7.Wilkins' Tooth by Diana Wynne Jones.
8.The Skeleton in the Closet by M.C.Beaton.
9.The Life and Times of Miss Jane Marple by Anne Hart
10.The Happiness of Hazelbrook
11.Murder in The Museum by Simon Brett.
12. Three Houses by Angela Thirkell
13. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams.
14.Enchantment by Donald Spoto.
15 The Boy with the Cuckoo Clock Heart by Mathias Malzieu
16. The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
17.Death of a Hussy by M.C.Beaton
18. Game of Thrones by George R R Martin.
19.My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier.
20. Stravaganza City of Masks by Mary Hoffman.
21. The Bubblegum Tree by Alexander McCall Smith.

Happy reading my lovelies ^_^
XOX

1 comment:

  1. Well done Steph. your list is really coming on. x

    ReplyDelete