Monday, 12 August 2013

A big update from me.

I've been reading at my normal pace so I have a fair few books to tell you about depite not having blogged for a while. You can see this in my regular blog too that it's not been that regular!

My last entry saw me start my big Katie Fforde re-read and now I can add 6 more of her books to the list! My favourite is probably Going Dutch so that was next on the list, I then read Life Skills and Thyme Out followed by Restoring Grace and Stately Pursuits. I finished the last of my Katie Fforde-a-thon a couple of nights ago which was Practically Perfect. I've still about 8 of her books on my shelf and I looked up what books I didn't have of the authors so I think a trip to my favourite charity book shop may be in order.

The book I finnished last night was The White Giraffe by Lauren St John. Steph found this at a book sale and knowing my love of giraffes thought it might be a book for me. Although it is a childrens book probably aimed at the 11 - 13 age bracket, it was beautifully written and a captivating story of a little girl who is sent to South Africa following the death of her parents. It tells the tale of her isolation on the game reserve where she goes to live with the Grandma she has never met and the legend of the white giraffe, There are secrets to be uncovered with the poaching of the animals on the reserve and a strange boy at the school and of course her encounter with the white giraffe. It didnt feel like a childrens novel and I really couldn't put it down and managed to read it in 2 nights. I'd look out for other stories written by this Author as they are lovely tales.

  1. The Inside Track Jake Humphrey - finished 15.11.12
  2. Daphne - M.C Beaton -03.12.12
  3. Diana - M.C Beaton - finished 18.12.12
  4. Frederica - M.C Beaton - finished 27.12.12
  5. Gently through the mill - Alan Hunter- Finished 25.01.13
  6. Death of an Addict - M.C Beaton - Finished 12.02.13
  7. Is it just me? - Miranda Hart - Finished 18.02.13
  8. Agatha Raisin and the Deadly Dance - MC Beaton - Finished 22.02.13
  9. From Doon with Death - Ruth Rendell - Finished 26.02.13
  10. Crazy in love - Chrissy Manby - Finished 03.03.13
  11. The Best man to die - Ruth Rendell - Finished 13.03.13
  12. Agatha Raisin and the Christmas Crumble/Hells Bells - MC Beaton - Finished 14.03.13
  13. The Thirty Nine Steps - John Buchan - finished 20.03.13
  14. Some Lie and Some Die - Ruth Rendell - Finished 15.04.13
  15. Murder in the museum - Simon Brett - finished 08.05.13
  16. Nadia Knows best - Jill Mansell - finished 11.05.13
  17. Falling for you - Jill Mansell - Finished 17.05.13
  18. Flora's Lot - Katie Fforde - Finished 25.05.13
  19. Going Dutch - Katie Fforde - finished 04.06.13
  20. Life Skills - Katie Fforde - finished 19.06.13
  21. Thyme Out - Katie Fforde - Finished 01.07.13
  22. Restoring Grace - Katie Fforde - finished 13.07.13
  23. Stately Pursuits - Katie Fforde - Finished 28.07.13
  24. Practically Perfect - Katie Fforde - finished 09.08.13
  25. The White Giraffe - Lauren St John - finisshed 11.08.13
I can't believe I've hit the half way point. How fab! I think my next book will be the Hamish that Steph sent me recently.

Happy reading

3 comments:

  1. The white giraffe looks interesting , I don,t think it matters if its aimed at young adults , we old adults enjoy them just as much if not more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way ,well done on reaching the half way mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah!! You've read loads!! cool ^_^ I have never read any Katie Fforde. Sounds like you've enjoyed the Fford-a-thon . I'm glad the White giraffe was a good read too.
    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete