Thursday, 21 March 2013

Two more finishes...

Hello everyone! Two more finishes from me. I finished Winter in Madrid by CJ Samson, which is a spy novel set in the Spanish Civil War. I really enjoyed it- it's not especially fast paced and some of the descriptions of the poverty in Spain during this period were really harrowing, but it was a really enjoyable read. Haunting and evocative. Yesterday I reread The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. I had a lot of hanging around to do and nothing to do but read, so I whizzed through it. If you haven't read it before, it really is laugh out loud- or at least chuckle out loud, the people around me must have wondered what I was reading!! I'm now reading the second one, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. I think that takes me up to 17 on my list! Steph might be right, I may need to extend my challenge to 100 books, lol! Happy reading everyone!

Edited to note that I didn't post when I'd finished Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death by MC Beaton, that was good fun, thanks very much to Kerry for lending it to me :-)

3 comments:

  1. Cool ^_^ Have you read the new Hitchhiker's story that Eoin Colfer wrote?
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - 100 books for Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't Steph, I'll have to have a look for it... Kerry, you could be right!

    ReplyDelete