Thursday, 7 March 2013

Me again!

Hello! Another post from me! When I posted last week I completely forgot that I'd also reread Life of Pi by Yann Martel, which I absolutely loved, so that took me to number 13 on my list. Then I read the fantastic Capital by John Lanchester, a sort of 'state of the nation' novel about London in the twenty-first century, told from the perspective of the people who live on a single street. Very clever premise, and it has a 'mystery' element too that hooks you in. It's still only 20p on Kindle, so I'd definitely recommend that you snap it up quick sticks! I am now reading Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death, the first of MC Beaton's detective novels. Kerry lent it to me and I'm enjoying it so far, it's set in the Cotswolds and is very Agatha Christie! Today I bought two more novels on Kindle- another one for 20p (Winter in Madrid by C.J. Samson), a thriller set in the aftermath of the Spanish Civil War, and The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, which was a mere 63p! I swop book recommendations with my friend who is currently living in Germany for work and she said she read this recently and loved it, so I'm keen to give it a try (it's extremely long, but then I am speeding through my books at the moment, so that's probably a good thing!!)

Hope you all enjoyed World Book Day and managed to get some reading done!

1. P.D. James, A Mind to Murder
2. George R. R. Martin, A Clash of Kings
3. Alan Hollinghurst, The Stranger’s Child
4. Jeanette Winterson, Why be Happy when you could be Normal?
5. Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol
6. Jeanette Winterson, Oranges are not the only fruit
7. George RR Martin, A Storm of Swords
8. Eowyn Ivey, The Snow Child
9. Jonas Jonasson, The Hundred Year Old Man who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
10. Anna Questerly, The Minstrel's Tale
11. Scarlett Thomas, Bright Young Things
12. Nick Alexander, The Half-Life of Hannah
13. Yann Martel, Life of Pi
14. John Lanchester, Capital
 

4 comments:

  1. I.ve got winter in Madrid in book form ,wished I,d waited for the 20p version , I enjoyed reading it tho, just downloaded Capital from your recommendation , thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy it Joan! I'm looking forward to reading Winter in Madrid :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. crumbs Laura, you are flying through them, I'm trying to persuade hubby to download a couple of Agatha short stories and Capital on his kindle for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy your nest reads Laura ^_^
    xox

    ReplyDelete