Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Another finish!

Hello everyone!

Another finish from me: The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. This was an absolutely wonderful book. It's set in Alaska and is about a couple called Mabel and Jack who lost a child, but who then build a little girl out of snow... The novel takes its inspiration from Russian fairytales about the snow girl. It is beautifully written, full of wonderful descriptions of the snow and the relationship between Mabel, Jack, and their snow child is incredibly poignant. One of the best books I've read recently, utterly wonderful!

I've now started The Hundred Year Old Man who Climbed out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson (which Joan has read and blogged about below).

Happy reading everyone, and do added The Snow Child to your list!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh Laura ,I,ll be interested in what you think about the 100 year old man,
    My next book to read is the life of pi ,, just seen the film and I was enraptured by it , will the book do the film justice

    ReplyDelete