Friday, 28 December 2012

The stupidest angel

Just finished this book , what shall I say
On the cover it states A Heart Warming Tale Of Christmas Terror
On the back cover reads
'twas the night ( okay, more like the week ) before Christmas and little Joshua Barker is in desperate need of a Christmas miracle. Josh is sure he saw Santa take a shovel to the head and now the seven year old has only one prayer : Please Santa come back from the dead

I don,t think I.ve read a Christopher Moore book before and didn't,t know what to expect, but this wasn't it .
There is an authors warning which says
If you are buying this book as a gift for your grandma or a kid, you should be aware that it contains cuss words as well as tasteful depictions of cannibalism and people in their forties having sex . Don,t blame me, I told you.

I wouldn't call it heart warming, not when you have an angel bringing the dead alive , by granting a child's wish


No 1. The Stupidest Angel. By Christopher Moore










2 comments:

  1. Hmmm sounds like a weird one to me! Maybe for next year...for some reason I like 'Christmas' themed books before Christmas. I really want to Read 'A Christmas Carol' but only in late November/December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read Christopher Moore's Practical Demon Keeping....I can't really remember much about though! lol.

    ReplyDelete