Thursday, 27 December 2012

Birmingham Rose by Annie Murray

I have only just discovered 'Annie Murray'.  A work mate has lent me a couple of books by this Author.  Annie Murray has written several books based in Birmingham.  Birmingham Rose is about life in the Slums of Birmingham, before during and after the Second World War.  It also deals with the impact the War had upon the City.  I found this a fascinating read and loved it when it mentioned places I know that are close to home.
         So my list Fifty Book Challenge List has got longer:

1) A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen
2) Birmingham Rose by Annie Murray

Possibly to achieve 'Fifty Books' I may have to include a couple of my favourite 'Ladybird' books and Mr Men books.  

3 comments:

  1. I had not heard of this author before. Sounds like a great book. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read some books by Anne Murray but not that particular one, i'll look out for it

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I look at this book the more I am sure it is on Mum's bookshelf! I will have to have a looksie. Nothing wrong with Ladybird books.^_^
    XOX

    ReplyDelete